Re: [IRCA] Midwest US unIDs

I have two of your unIDs solved, Saul...   :)  1400 -- the ad is for the Richland Academy, and at the :10 mark, you can hear "Mansfield area".  So it's WMAN in Ohio.  1430 -- the "AM 1340 KROS in Clinton IA" is an in-show plug for KROS, which carries "It's Polka Time!" with host Craig Ebelon Sundays.  That is the syndicated polka program to which you were tuned in at the time.  I went to the show's website, and, lo and behold, WRDN in Durand, Wisconsin (where they know ALL about polkas!) carries the show on Saturday morning at the time you heard it.   The 1360 is a bit of a stumper.  I will keep working at it, unless someone else out there can beat me to the punch and ID it first.  :)  73,Rick DauSouth Omaha, Nebraska EN21af http://www.dxworld.com/bcblog.html
From: sauldx@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; am@xxxxxxxxxxx; amfmtvdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; mwdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 01:27:06 +0000
Subject: [NRC-AM] Midwest US unIDs

Looking for help with three unIDs, likely to my west. Looking for better ears and/or familiarity with the areas logged.1360 unID — Mon Jan 26 1757 EST — Dominion or something Chevrolet ad. Can anyone make this out?1400 unID — Wed Jan 28 0812 EST — Richland or Ridgeland Academy ad mentions music and dance and spring semester with new classes starting in January. The words “Minnesota area” pop up, and I think this is the same station station. Can anyone make any of this out better than I have? Perhaps someone in the MN IA MI WI area recognizes this.1430 unID — Sat Jan 31 0915 EST — “AM 1340 KROS in Clinton IA” mentioned on 1430, followed by what appears to be polka music reference or program (Polka Party Time maybe). KROS schedule doesn’t list polka on Saturday mornings. The Russian talk is CHKT Toronto. So that confirms I'm on 1430 and not making an error. I have heard KROS, by the way, a few times here, and this was post-sunrise, when stuff from IA WI MN and MI and environs was coming in.
All posted online at:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?9558
With thanks,
Saul Chernos