[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, February 6-12, 2015

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page30

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E-W longwire as specified

** MEXICO [and non]. 620, Feb 6 at 0332, full ID for XEBU in Chihuahua, 10,000 watts, also on FM, temp 13 C. WRTH lists as 5/1 kW, NRC as non-direxional always, so maybe the 10 kW applies to FM. Not so dominant a signal as it used to be and I feared it might have closed AM already.

Somewhat separable from KMKI Plano TX, still on with Disney (which I read has an STA to run night facility also in daytime --- that means 4.5 instead of 5 kW, and major lobes to the NW and SW, rather than a broad lobe from SW to NW to NE (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 650, Feb 12 at 1300 UT, noticiero `Altavoz` opening, mentions Grupo Chávez, Sinaloa, so XETNT Los Mochis, a regular here on sunrise skip; dominant signal now. Our Enid sunrise today: 1323 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 660, Feb 12 at 1302, DJ mentions ``La Lupe 98.9`` at least thrice, with phone numbers, presumably for requests, i.e. XEACB, Ciudad Delicias, Chihuahua, another AM demoted to a mere FM simulcast (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 680, Feb 12 at 1304, birthday greeting to several people, looping WSW, but no locations mentioned or caught, except ``allá en San Pedro`` which is an ejido/ranchito in Guasave; 1308 a Sinaloa PSA, so XEORO in Guasave. Tuning on up, no doubt the usual ones on 700, 710, 730 also in (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 770, Feb 6 at 0328, political ad for Partido del Trabajo, then full ID from Radio Fórmula Monterrey, XEACH, 770, 25,000 watts, street address, phone numbers. ``Siempre Viva Voz`` slogan, then feature/promo with marimba for San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas as a great place to visit; pause at 0330, then resuming program `Fórmula Financiera` with YL hostess. Dominant signal on 770, but best with WBBM 767 IBOC nulled, which is pretty far off the angle from Monterrey. Supposedly cuts to only 1 kW at night, per WRTH.

We hear and see a lot of political advertising in Mexico, so when is the elexion? Timeanddate.com says there will not be a general elexion until July 1, 2018 (6-yearly). What we have this year per Wikipedia means four more months of campaigning: ``Legislative elections are scheduled to be held in Mexico on June 7, 2015. Voters will elect 500 deputies (300 by their respective constituencies, 200 by proportional representation) to sit in the Chamber of Deputies for the 63rd Congress`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 900, Feb 9 at 1313 UT, Spanish music, then DJ greets `la comunidad de Mojita`` [? no such place found in Tejas or México], then tear-jerker country music in English! Loops NE/SW. Time check for 6:15 so UT -7, temp in F and C, somewhat Spanglish, and mentions ``Radio Caballo`` (Radio Horse??) 1316 ad for a sorteo; then INE and other federal PSAs, so it`s definitely Mexican, and another from the Instituto Electoral de Chihuahua about urnas electorales, so that clinches it as XEDP in Ciudad Cuauhtémoc. DJ resumes ``música cowboy`` with ``Cotton Fields``. Yet this is deep in the heart of Chihuahua, not on the border. Have heard XEDP several times before, not with this format, so maybe a recent change, and maybe not full-time. Cantú has XEDP as 5/1.5 kW, ``Hits FM`` // 98.3.

I search on ``Radio Caballo 900`` and get hits on two YouTubes as the name of a new program which started in January, but nothing in the captioning about where it comes from:::

Radio caballo 900:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfCcSARFtRP_pKi-DXvT_Kw
ESTACION radio Caballo uploaded and posted 4 weeks ago
Primer programa de la estacion: Radio caballo, acompañanos escuchando estas hermosas canciones del baul de los recuerdos de pilot, una excelente agrupacion...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnHsjxFMlBQ
RADIO CABALLO! Llamada a Angelica Rivera | Mago de Oz
ESTACION radio Caballo

Mascot is a human being with a horse`s head. The phone call to Angélica has Mexican content, but the interviewer is speaking Castilian. The music on the clips is NOT C&W in English, but hard rock in Spanish, so apparently this is no relation to XEDP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9i-ezpIhTY
Radio Caballo!
PRIMERA EDICION: COLECCION DE PILOT (11 de enero del 2015)
ESTACION radio Caballo  3 views Published on Jan 11, 2015
espero y les guste la primera edicion de nuestro programa, proximamente contaremos con locutores, etc...

This second clip does feature music in English, but it`s rock.

BTW, Fred Cantú on Facebook if not at http://www.mexicoradiotv.com itself, says he no longer has time to keep it updated and is looking for someone to take it over (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1760, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 970, Feb 12 at 1313, I have a fair and steady signal in Spanish, so is it XEJ Juárez? From music to an INE PSA about a sorteo (drawing: is that a euphemism for elexion?); then the Tribuna Estatal Electoral de Chihuahua; ad for the PAN party; another different INE PSA, and yet another, finally back to DJ giving two phone numbers, one of which I copy as 652-57-200-84, 1316 into music.

Cantú now linx 970 XEJ to http://www.pancho991.com/ i.e., just simulcasting this FM now? Watch out for that slogan, unheard yet. I can`t find any phone number on the site except for boilerplate at the bottom, sales office of Grupo Radio México, ``Ventas Juárez (656) 6131314`` so at least that area code looks close. The other Chihuahuan on 970, XESW in Ciudad Madera, per its website has a 614 prefix.

BTW, my local 960 KGWA splatters very little upon adjacents day or night, unlike 1390 KCRC (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1566, Feb 9 at 1302 UT, JBA carrier for a few minutes, presumably FEBC South Korea; nothing heard on loband 774, etc., from Japan (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---