From: "Nick Hall-Patch" <nhp@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2015 10:00:15 PM
Subject: [IRCA] ÂTP 25 Jan Victoria version

For me, this morning was an improvement, with many carriers on the
edge of audio, as well as some weak audio on unusual
channels. Â There also seemed to be more action this morning before
1400UT (the signal strength monitor starts recording before the SDR),
but quite a reasonable sunrise enhancement as well; bit of a gap in
between though, except for NHK2 powerhouses which seemed to peak then.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker,
at least briefly):

774 JOUB EE lessons 1422UT
1566 HLAZ woman in CC 1503UT

Reasonable audio Âat Âtimes during the period (much of it
understandable by a native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

603 HLSA? although the music beforehand was livelier than usual, the
talk sounded more like KK to my inexpert Âears (and it wasn't //594,
so not JJ)...2 men and a woman, lively talk 1540UT. ÂThis is what
Gary heard also I think. Â See what you
think:
http://www3.telus.net/public/shallpat/listen/603_20150125_1540.wav
(also enjoy the erratic nature of sunrise reception)

828 JOBB EE lessons 1416UT
1593 CNR1 briefly at this level 1534UT, woman and man in CC; ID'd at
1520UT, weaker, but //6125

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or
noise could be understood by a native speaker:

747 JOIB EE lessons 1422UT
972 HLCA woman singing 1527UT

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be
guessed at by cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in
talk or music)

1044 CRI woman singing, seemed // 5980, 7220, 1536UT
1134 JOQR? Âwoman and man in JJ?? 1526UT
1242 JOLF? woman talking, too much splash, but would guess JJ 1529UT
1287 woman talking, JJ inflection 1431UT
1314 woman talking, possibly JJ, then man talking, 1537UT
1332 woman talking, maybe JJ, into lively pop mx 1537UT
1386 NHK2 with NHK pips 1500UT
1404 unID. Ârock mx 1534UT, heavy bass line; at 1538 woman talking,
JJ inflection?
1422 JORF? Âwoman in JJ? 1531UT

Strongish het, no or "near imaginary" audio (either undermodulated or
ravaged by splatter)

873 891 1089 1098 1179 1224 1269 1278 1296 1359 1395 1494 1503 1575

best wishes,

Nick