Re: [IRCA] Multiple Sound Cards for Recording

Russ, one approach for inexpensive, multiple sound cards would be to buy a
few of these basic, compact USB sound cards ("dongles"):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Port-5-1-Channel-Track-3D-Sound-Card-Speaker-Mic-Earphone-Audio-Adapter-New-/131280760663

At barely over $1 each including shipping to the USA, it would be worth
buying a handful even if one or two were non-functional from the start. The
working sound cards could be plugged into a USB hub and would take up very
little room. Then you would route the audio cables from your radios into
the MIC input of the sound cards (set the input level carefully... you may
need attenuation).

Total Recorder, especially the "Pro" version, is indeed a powerful
recording tool. I don't use my copy of the Pro much any more, since I am
typically recording with WAV files through SDR software. Total Recorder
Pro, though, is top-notch, along with its competitor RecAll Pro.

The C. Crane Company's "CC Witness" recorder has gotten some attention
lately, but I think this recorder is over priced (unless you NEED to record
from the built-in AM/FM radio). I occasionally use a Tascam DR-1 MP3/WAV
recorder and like it a lot for stand-alone use. These sell used on Ebay for
$50-75 typically and are high quality prosumer units.

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA