Re: [IRCA] Radio shack to file for bankruptcy

I stopped by one of our local RS stores last week to see about replacing a
screen on an iPhone6. They said give them a month or two. So they are (or
were) keeping up with repairs on the new phones. Not many customers and I
didn't really spend much time in there. RS obviously needs a new business
model. Cell phone plans is too competitive but there is a need for cell
phone repair. Lots of little shops around but RS could draw in more
customers with their name and if they were able to do repairs while the
customer waited. They should have jumped into all the game machines for TV
and the games. Actually anything that you can attach to your TV.

Here in Orange County we have a couple electronics stores for components but
we've lost a couple over the years. Fry's has some components and then we
have MARVAC. There is also a Ham Radio Outlet in the area.

Martin Foltz
Mission Viejo CA