[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, January 9-14, 2015

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [5 hours ahead of `ELT`]. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E/W longwire as specified

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page29

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA, unidentified, separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** CANADA [and non]. 800, Jan 9 at 0140 UT, `Clark Howard Show` advising us how to shop --- avoid a cart and buy less if you are lugging products in your arms. Then advising a caller about her daughter. I have KQCV OKC nulled, which maintains a fairly strong groundwave signal here at night; pattern protects XEROK but aims at CKLW {which has a minor lobe toward us}! Clark Howard is live in the afternoons, but CKLW Windsor Ont sked confirms they have him on now:
http://www.am800cklw.com/Shows/Schedule
I`m sure that`s it, tho there are a couple of bitty US stations in between. Meanwhile, just a trace of XEROK, which is odd but sometimes happens; co-city station KAMA 750 is also hardly making it past WSB for a change (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

================

** U S A. 690, Friday Jan 9 at 1407 UT, I remember to check KGGF Coffeyville KS, whether they are playing another episode of `Perspective` from KSU like last week at this same hour --- no, so as I suspected that was holiday filler, but well worth a regular spot, which possibly it has elsewhen. This roster
http://www.ksre.ksu.edu/News/p.aspx?tabid=61
shows KGGF does carry it with an X in the block, but time unknown like most of the three other KSU shows and affiliates: someone needs to research complete info!

Now instead it`s a local KGGF talk show about the new state legislative session. 1447 UT recheck, obits including scheduling of funerals. KGGF identifies first with Independence KS, tho COL remains Coffeyville --- each populated about 10K in 2010y (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 820, Jan 9 at 0141 UT, another try at the other talk station in English I have been hearing mixing with WBAP, and rather readable with WBAP nulled: it`s `The Savage Nation` and tonight the SAH is only 32/minute = 0.53 Hz which is closer to the offset of WWBA Largo FL for a couple years ago on the mwoffsets list.

Does The Savage Nation website list WWBA as an affiliate?
http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/wp-content/themes/savage-theme/affiliatesmap.php
NO, altho it does have WBAP but at a totally different time, as the only 820 affiliate anywhere, anywhen.
At least this anti-American, puke-inspiring talkshow lists all affiliates on one page making it easy to search, altho outdated.

But what do they know? WWBA itself DOES list Savage at 6-9 pm ET = 23-02 UT:
http://www.newstalkflorida.com/820-news-program-schedule/

So I`m quite sure it`s WWBA as the DF also fits, but the night power and pattern do not: 1 kW to the SE with a null toward WBAP and pretty much toward us too! While 50 kW day pattern has two major lobes, one to the N and another to the SSE, so if that`s what`s running now, long after sunset, we are still way off the peaks, but at least not in a deep low-power null. Florida stations of any power are quite rare here (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 870, Jan 9 at 0144 UT, with WWL nulled I hear --- Vietnamese! Not Can Tho, now 500 kW on 873, but Fort Worth TX, KFJZ, supposedly a 1 kW daytimer. NRC AM Log shows ETHnic, but all I ever hear is Viet, and slogan as R. Fortaleza which isn`t Vietnamese either. FCC AM Query shows January SR/SS times for it are 1330-2345 UT. It might have been on an extra two hours with a few watts on a PSSA, except FCC correspondence file shows that was denied (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 920, Jan 12 at 0643 UT, `Coast to Coast AM` interview about Bigfoot, loops NW/SE --- strangely, no sign of KYFR in IA, Family Radio with Harold Camping or religious music which usually dominates from the NE. Searching C2C station list, only fit is KVEL in Vernal UT; others on 920 in MI, OH, RI, CA. KVEL night pattern is supposed to head NE with 1 kW, but must be on day pattern of 5 kW ND. I`ve heard it several times before (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. [continued from MEXICO, XERDO, KIJN:] 1060: Then I rotate again to hear a third station, from the west thru the KIJN carrier, 0230 UT Jan 14, ID as KXPL, El Paso, TX --- a 10 kW daytimer way after sunset, like KIJN is too --- got to keep up with each other! Must be quite a clash across southern New Mexico {for that matter, two 10 kW NDs that close to each other must make a mess in the daytime on groundwave.}

Meanwhile, it`s confirmed that 1060 WLNO New Orleans, which used to have a tight night lobe aimed right at us, is gone --- Barry Davies, UK, posted to the MW Circle yg Jan 11:

```1060 WLNO has gone bust and off air. Just checking WLNO's day pattern which read off air [sic]. Their website has this notice:-
http://www.msgdeals.com/WLNOlanding.html

``WLNO-AM, New Orleans, LA --- By order of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado Media Services Group has been retained to sell the assets of the foregoing radio stations currently owned and operated by Communicom Corp. of America, LLC, et al. All interested parties should contact Media Services Group to obtain additional information```

Radioinsight.com had this back on June 25, 2014: ``The four buyers have been revealed for the stations auctioned off on behalf of Communicom bringing in a total of $2.15 million. . . First Citizens Bank & Trust, the lender for Christian Preaching 1060 WLNO New Orleans receives that station for $725,000`` --- but it`s unclear whether the facility may eventually return to the air under some other ownership.

Read more at:
http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/88666/communicom-stations-to-be-auctioned-off/
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1150, Jan 13 at 1343 UT, ``11-50 Oldies Radio`` and PSA with 915 AC, then Beatles` ``Can`t Buy Me Love`` from E/W. So it is of course KHRO El Paso TX again, 5000/380 watts U1 but it`s still before sunrise. Dominating rather than KSAL from the north (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1190, Jan 11 at 0218 UT, Rosary in English briefly overcomes the QRM, from NE/SW, so surely the recent acquisition by EWTN in Kansas City MO, KPHN, 5000/500 watts.

Later: I search radio-locator.com on KPHN as I want to see whether their map puts the transmitter site in KS or MO, but what comes up? 1360 in El Dorado KS! It is another EWTN station, but call there has been KAHS, per NRC AM Log. It`s just NE of Wichita. To confuse matters further, station`s address is in Tulsa OK!! What happens if I search radio-locator.com on KAHS? I get KAHS-LP FM in Aberdeen WA 106.5!

Bringing up their full list of KC MO stations, we find that 1190 is now KDMR. That nighttime coverage map cross is SE of KC, i.e. in MO.

FCC AM Query agrees that the call of 1360 El Dorado is now KPHN, since last August 14, so that change just missed the editorial deadline for the 2014-2015 NRC AM log. And on the same date, 1190 changed from KPHN to KDMR. One wonders, why bother, and what significance each call has to the Catholic Radio Network (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1220, Jan 11 at 0214 UT, I have a choice not of WHKW and XEB, but of an E/W station with local sports talk hosted by YL mentioning Senators and Christian Academy, during a live SBgame pause? And weaker from the N/S, South Asian music. The latter is surely KZEE Weatherford (Metroplex) TX, 1600/200 watts; the former, perpetual cheater WSLM Salem IN, 5000/82 watts. Its website shows plenty of sports but nothing specific about tonight, besides ``a little bit country, a little bit rock `n` roll``. Rather generic team names as above do exist in the area (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1600, Jan 14 at 0226 UT, a bit o` norteña music amid the QRM from Denver, St Louis, some Vietnamese from The Metroplex, seems to peak N/S, so presumed KOKE Pflugerville [a fine Hispanic name, Austin TX market], which per NRC AM Log is ``puro norteño``, 5000/700 watts U4. Cantú shows only two XEs left on 1600, not including XEAE Acuña any more, which per IRCA had been ``Tejano`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1240+, Jan 11 at 0216 UT, low audible heterodyne still here against the 1240.0 pileup, looping WNW/ESE hinting at Colorado or maybe Arkansas. Someone with tight selectivity and antenna aiming, but best of all proximity preferably in the daytime, might be able to pull an ID (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1540, Jan 11 at 0706 UT, something mixing with KEDA, in English, ID sounds like ``America`s Best Music on 1540 KWHN Radio``. But letters must be only fuzzily similar. ABM is a Westwood One syndicated format. Most similar call is KDYN in Ozark AR, 500/1 watt, but I can`t find a format match on their website http://www.kdyn.com where it`s apparently a duplicate of True Country 92.7 KLYR.

Googling for other ABM`s on 1540 leads to KBOA Kennett MO, 1000/1 watt; and WBCO in Bucyrus OH, 500 watt daytimer. KBOA brands itself as Music of Your Life, which is close to ABM, in case there has been a change. WBCO website http://wbco.com does not use either brand, but the music format fits (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---