[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, January 9-14, 2015

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page29

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E-W longwire as specified

** MEXICO. 650, Jan 9 at 1416, poor signal in Spanish mentioning PAN de Sinaloa, so XETNT Los Mochis hasn`t quite faded out yet (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 900, Jan 9 at 0145, Spanish dominant talking about Veracruz, so maybe XEWB? But then goes on to travel promo for Cancún (Mexicans axually go there?), federal IFT PSA, 0146 Informéxico (?) with espacio deportivo. Loops about N/S which fits for Vcz, but still more likely to be news/talk XEOK Monterrey NL which is usually atop anything else including super-powered(?) XEW in the DF. XEWB is listed as Top-40. Then looping further west I am getting another Spanish talker with federal PSAs, Banco de México ad, maybe Chihuahua (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non]. 1060+, Jan 14 at 0227, horrible rumbling het: east/west open carrier from KIJN TX, always off-frequency, vs north/south new XERDO Reynosa, Tamaulipas, even more off-frequency (some have measured it 76 Hz high). Federal PSA for Instituto Nacional Electoral (name change? used to be Instituto Federal Electoral --- IFE); 0228 full ID as ``XERDO, La Raza, 10-60, 10 mil watts de potencia``, etc. by overlapping SHVA segments.

Or maybe it was 7 as in Cantú, also with a different name:
1060 XERDO La Radio Matamoros, Tamps. 7,000 2,500
Right after this I find that USB tuning on the DX-398 helps to minimize the QRM on the lo side; and then I rotate again to hear a third station, from the west thru the KIJN carrier, 0230 UT ID as KXPL, El Paso, TX [continued under USA] (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1110, Jan 11 at 0219, Spanish YL talk from E/W with KFAB nulled making a SAH of approx. 269/minute = 4.48 Hz, must be XEWR, R. Guadalupana, Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, which IRCA lists as a 500-watt daytimer; but Cantú and WRTH 2015 say 1/0.5 kW. No US SS stations around here, but there is one further Mexican, XEVS in Hermosillo, 1/0.25 kW per Cantú (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1300, Jan 9 at 0152, Elvis song segué to Beatles` ``Hey Jude``, both in English with good signal from E/W. Presumed XEP Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, surely on 38 kW day power rather than 200 watts night. The US stations around here on 1300 are talk, except Marshall MO listed as C&W and surely no such bigsig (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1430, Jan 9 at 0154, norteña music from N/S up to 0200. Don`t see how it could be anything but XEWD, Ciudad Miguel Alemán, Tamaulipas, listed in IRCA Log as REG/NOR format, as none of the Texans or Nebraskans in NRC AM Log are Spanish (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1510, Jan 9 at 0155, from N/S, with WLAC nulled, but not much of a factor tonight, speaker in an echoey venue, then losing to music station, presumably Colorado. 0201 back up to outro talk show with 800 number, and 0201.5 FINALLY definite full ID partially copied: ``XEQI, 15-10 AM . . . Monterrey, Nuevo León . . . 10 mil watts de potencia`` . . . and some slogan, www. sites and e-mails I can`t copy,
all by YL with reverb (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1560, Jan 11 at 0227, Spanish gospel huxter dominating, phone number, and Radio Viva, Ciudad Juárez ID in passing, 0228 fuller ID with jingle, http://radioviva.com.mx

However, 2014 IRCA Mexican Log has XEJPV with 1 kW daytime, slogan as Indie AM 15-60, tho format REL, which really doesn`t match. WRTH 2015 and Cantú have 1560 Juárez as 1 kW daytimer, XEJPV, Indie.

On Oct 8 as in DXLD 14-41, in another log I mentioned that ``Radio Viva`` used to be the slogan on 1560 Juárez. That refers to the 2013 IRCA Log. See also DXLD 14-24 for an ambiguous article about 1560 becoming ``Indie``, but really Juárez? Website I heard axually forwards to http://radioviva.mx/ clearly Christian, and in the fine print abottom does show 1560 Juárez by this name, so apparently it`s back, or never left. Part of the 7-station group MegaRadio in CiJz which also includes 1110 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---