Re: [IRCA] new log WEEF 1430

Yep, they're sked to come on day power at 0815 EST. If you're getting stuff like this and since you can phase null WDRC so well you may want to try for one of my semi locals. WLBK Dekalb IL on 1360. That would be a great catch.

Post sunrise and esp. this time of the year when there's minimal daylight and the sun is low so its effects on BCB propagation are less during the day, you can get this effect aimed west where a station 800 or so miles away skips over and past the normal skip dominant 400 miles away for a while. Assume 1 hop propagation. The usual pest 400 miles away is skipping off the E-layer about 200 miles west and since that has been in full daylight for a while, skip has deteriorated. But since the more distant western station is skipping off the E-layer about 400 miles west and it isn't yet full daylight, skip can be still be viable. A similar effect happens pre-sunset to the east.

73 KAZ