[IRCA] Great opening to the South yesterday...AT NOON!

I was dialing around the x-band yesterday around 12pm EST and noticed
some stuff coming in that usually isn't there during the day.  1700
WEUP-AL was coming in well and tuning around more I noticed some other
Southern stuff was skipping in as well between 1600-1700.  1600 WAOS-GA
was dominating the channel with no sign of usual WAAM Ann Arbor.  With
just a few minutes before noon TOH I decided to make a spectrum
recording with the Perseus.  During recording I parked it on 1540 since
I was hearing religious programming, and I was hoping for needed KTGG
Spring Arbor, MI.  I was surprised when the station IDed as WTBI South
Carolina, completely in the clear with a decent signal, at noon!  Seems
I stumbled on a good opening to the South with a pipeline to NC/SC.
Highlights heard here at noon include these relogs:

1170 WCXN-NC
1290 WHKY-NC
1310 WISE-NC
1350 WZGM-NC
1360 WELP-SC
1520 WDSL-NC
1550 WKBA-VA

And these new logs:

880 WPIP-NC mixing with WRFD
1010 WKJW-NC
1210 WANB-PA
1400 WEOA-IN
1430 WEEF-IL under WION
1540 WTBI-SC
1600 WTZQ-NC during WAOS fade w/ no sign of usual WAAM

These were all heard using the South D-KAZ.

Listening again today at the same time revealed a mostly dead dial with
a few things skipping in from 200-300 miles out.  In other words,
typical daytime skywave this time of year for me.

73,
Tim Tromp
West Michigan
Perseus SDR / Phased BOGs / N-S 117' D-KAZ