[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, December 5-11, 2014

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page28

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E-W longwire as specified

** MEXICO. 610, Dec 5 at 1312, Radio Viva ID, federal PSAs, 1216 mentions Culiacán, loops SW. So the usual XEGS Guasave, Sinaloa, using the Chávez group slogan not appearing in the listings, but here:
http://www.chavezradiocast.com/?page_id=433
At this time probably // 650 XETNT. Some CCI from another 610 SS further east, probably XEBX Sabinas, Coahuila. Can`t say I`ve ever heard the official name of XEGS, ``La Ley`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non]. 660, Dec 5 at 1321 romantic music in Spanish, loops SW (and no sign of KTNN, not cheating today tho KHAC 880 is in); 1324 timecheck for 6:23, then 6:24 and temp as 7C, vals music; 1327 another break with 6:27 TC, temp down to 6, another song; some CCI perhaps Monterrey, but this is certainly the only UT-7 station, XEACB, Ciudad Delicias, Chihuahua, 3/1 kW, ``La Lupe`` and IRCA lists format as ROM. By 1337 UT, KSKY is overtaking, as it just sunrose at 1330 UT from 700 to 20000 watts, both with a minor lobe right at us.

660, Dec 6 at 0700, Chihuahua anthem is playing, which is all we need to log it again as XEACB, Ciudad Delicias. Makes slow SAH with something, probably KSKY Dallas, which I can hear sloganing ``The Answer`` by nulling the XE (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 710.0, Dec 5 at 1339, string of federal PSAs including one in an indigenous language, Chihuahua mentioned and then Cuauhtémoc too, i.e. XEDP. Lower XEs have started to fade out by now, and this one will soon with our sunrise at 1328 UT. XEDP Dec and Jan sunrise is 1400 UT. FCC AM Query includes Mexicans; I rarely check it for them, but I decide to this time:

Strangely, they have three different XEDPs: facility 101134 as 5/0.1 kW at 28-30-00 N, 106-55-02 W; XEDP1, facility 122766/122767 at the same coordinates but 7/0.25 kW; and a second site for plain old XEDP with 7/0.25 kW at 28-25-04, 106-48-22. Note these are a considerable distance apart, and could also explain sometimes way off-frequency to the lo side, and sometimes not (like today, no het on KCMO et al. at all) (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1751, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1510, Dec 10 at 0228, recitation with music background, outroed as ``barras de Carranza`` with audience approval, then a real song as signal fades vs WLAC. Had looped toward Monterrey so again assuming it`s XEQI as I still await a definite ID (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---