[IRCA] Recent logs from AZ, November 30th-December 6th

Recent catches with a 6-foot-diagonal wood-frame tuned loop, RTL-SDR
dongle, and Ham It Up upconverter from the back patio.  All dates local,
times MST and UT, all distances from home to transmitter via Haversine
formula, logging started here August 15th, 2014.  See the blog link at the
end for posts with verbose versions of these logs along with audio in most
cases.

November 30th:
840 KVJY, Pharr TX, weak at 12:55am (0755UT), 1000W, call (new), 1026 miles
[I posted to the list about this one because I thought I was getting CMHW
out of Cuba, but it was Texas.  Spanish-language music, and happened to
catch the call letters between songs.]

774 JOUB, Akita JP, weak at 4:14am (1114UT), 500kW, language + frequency +
what-else-could-it-be (new), 5532 miles
[I also posted to the list about this one, one of my best catches so far.
It was in and out from 3:15-5:15am (1015-1215UT) before I quit.  Had a
female voice first, but mostly a male voice speaking Japanese and got some
confirmation on that from a couple of experts from the list.  Thanks, Nick
and Richard!  Looked at the NHK 2 website with Google Translate and they
were in a Sunday night "culture" block which seems to match the dry tone.
5th country and a new distance record by far.]

December 1st:
1610 CHHA, Toronto ON, weak at 1:30am (0830UT), 6250W, webcast and slogan
(new province), 1871 miles
[This is usually a dead frequency since TIS/HAR doesn't seem to be a big
deal around here.  But, I was getting weak audio which matched the
Spanish-language music on their webcast, and (barely) heard their "Voces
Latinas" singing slogan over the air.  New province and 2nd longest
overland catch.]

December 2nd:
1480 KYOS, Merced CA, weak at 2:34am (0934UT), 5000W, call (new), 488 miles
["City of Merced", then faint call letters a bit later between an Al-Anon
PSA and segue back into Coast to Coast]

December 6th:
1230 KXO, El Centro CA, weak at 1:13am (0813UT), 1000W, call (new), 213
miles
[Very faint call letters into Bread's "Baby I'm-a Want You", a rare
3-letter graveyarder]

331 stations logged since August 15th, 2014

Brian Rachford - Prescott, AZ
azswdxing@xxxxxxxxx
http://azswdxing.wordpress.com/