[IRCA] WSPO MC ID and Carolina test broadcasts

I'm pretty excited to have dug out one of the Morse Code IDs during the WSPO DX Test while transfering some of my cassette recordings to .mp3 files to send to the DX Test Committee. Thought all I had received were the sweep and staircase tones.

Patrick, speaking of WAGL, I remember hearing and verifying them on a DX Test from my home on Long Island in 1971 and again 30 years later on a DX Test in 2001 from my current home in Vermont! I also remember fondly the DX Tests from North and South Carolina arranged by Harry Helms years ago and a number of the frequency checks from other stations in the Carolinas. How I cherish those QSLs, too! Although I find it a lot harder staying up for test broadcasts these days, I still get a thrill when I hear them!

Steve Howe
Saint Albans, VT and Albany, NY