[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, October 31-November 6, 2014

--- Begin Message ---
Almost all times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT`]. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E/W longwire as specified

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access: http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page27

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA, unidentified, separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

NOTE: In this report, KWPN is the only log made after DST finished, so subtract 5 hours for EST = ``ELT``.

** OKLAHOMA. 627-640-653 kHz, Nov 6 at 2216 UT on the caradio, I can`t help but notice that KWPN Moore OK is emitting IBOC noise, which can even be heard when tuned to 660 KSKY. In random tuning, I had not heard any such for weeks/months, and so recently advised Barry McLarnon that IBOC was gone from this outsender. At least I do never hear it at night, and certainly irregular in the daytime (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1580, Nov 2 at 0140 UT, cheatin` KREL Colorado Springs CO sports talk [see USA log], but not game, can be fully nulled, audiblizing instead a stupid football game involving Kansas State, leading 21-7, but never hear the other team mentioned! One could look it up if one cared. Nearing end of first half.

I`m suspecting it`s KOKB Blackwell, running more than the 49 watts licensed at night, like 1000 watt day power, non-direxionals; one of the Triple-Play stations operating out of Stillwater, usually // but now not // 1020 KOKB & 105.1 KOSB Perry which are // each other. Blackwell is right near the Kansas border which may explain why they would split to carry K-State (not referred to as such) even if not playing someteam in OK. At 0203 UT, KOKB is confirmed by ad for Communication Federal Credit Union, a familiar Enid/OK business (but elsewhere too?), and promo for OSU football on the Cowboy Sports Radio Network, sponsored by Homeland groceries. 0205 UT `College Scoreboard` from some national net (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1600, Nov 1 at 1525 UT tuning caradio on way to Enid Hamfest, surprised to hear Indian chanting; 1529 break for 4-H PSA in English, 1530 back to chanting. Certainly not KRVA Vietnamese Metroplex, but our nearest station from the little town east of Enid serving as the big oil pipeline terminal and storage facility, KUSH Cushing. Yes, it`s `Native Air with Hugh Foley`, Native American News, Music and more! At 10-11 AM [CT] Saturdays, one of the few specific programs shown at
http://1600kush.com/index.php?section=7
{live streaming available with Silverlight installed}

What about the CP for power increase from 1 to 5 kW? Certainly still sounds like 1 kW. FCC shows no info about it being LIC yet for that output, but there was a Consummation of Transfer of Control on July 14, 2014. The confusing FCC info also shows it`s presently ND-1 with 70 watts at night, while the CP calls for ND-2 still with 70 watts at night. Yet, it`s one tower, and surely non-direxional at all times. Direxionality in the daytime might have been a requirement for higher power but not so indicated (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1746, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1580, Nov 2 at 0140 UT, KREL Colorado Springs CO with 15 kW day signal inbooming at night instead of 15 watts, but nullable for KOKB to be heard close to 90 degrees away [see OKLAHOMA log]; 0144 UT KREL with golf course ad, then citing its legalese contest rules; 0205 into Fox Sports Radio rather than play-by-play any games on a Saturday night, leaving that to KOKB (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1620, Nov 2 at 0149 UT, I`m looking for `Science Fantastic` with Prof. Michio Kaku on WTAW College Station TX, but only hear adstring including Guaca Maya Mexican Restaurant on 33rd St., which leads to Omaha`s KZON instead (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---