[IRCA] TPs on October 18 - Grayland Edition

Here's my initial Grayland report from this morning.

Conditions were quite good for the Japanese and Koren stations, which managed to populate most of the 9 kHz channels this morning. Chinese were not as numerous as in past DXpeditions, and consisted mainly of the usual powerhouses like 639 945 981 963 1323 etc., plus a few local and provincial stations like 1089, 1206, and 1422. There were also a few Taiwanese stations.

There was no sunrise enhancement to speak of. Conditions at 1400 UTC were pretty much like they were at 1200, when things were already moving along at a good pace. Many of the signals stayed around until well past sunrise. The 972 Korean was the final survivor, still producing readable audio at 1706 UT (10:07 PDT) before finally fading out for good! Several others stayed in until past 1600.

As I mentioned, Japanese were in abundance, including many second and third tier stations: 648 is now dominated by JOIG now that VOice of Russia is gone. The NHK1 stations on 639 and 675 were also noted. One of the AFN outlets on 1575 was mixing with VOA. The STV outlet on 909 was heard //1440. One of the Japanese on 1116 was also in well.

I had three stations on 1044 - Korea, CRI, and one other. Also Vietnam or Myanmar on 729, judging from how the language sounded.

At 1408 this morning KTKN-930 Ketchikan was briefly the strongest signal o the dial.

There was a mix of Taiwan and Korea on 711 that was often stronger than KIRO.

There's more, but it's buried in our SDR recordings.

Bruce