Re: [IRCA] Or get a Perseus...

Hi Guy,

Thanks for the info on the cost of the FDM DUOr, I have not seen anything on
their website yet., I have been watching. I am presuming then that it will
show up on the website at some point. It may be best to use the FDM S2 and
something like the Tmate 2 for those who want a more traditional operating
feel. They show the Tmate 2 on their website for $288.00 ($278.00 on sale
now)

How is the KX3 as a Mediumwave receiver? I have not heard much about that
part of it. Everyone raves about them. I believe that the overloading is
probably better than the ELAD, I would be interested in how good the
recovered audio is for a given bandwidth in the KX3. From what I have
gathered, the recovered audio is best with a high powered PC (i5 or i7
processor). Most of the stand alone ham transceivers don't seem to have
enough processing oomph to get Noise reduction right. I notice a fair
difference between my old AMD dual core circa 2006 and my new i7 (most
recent generation). There is less distortion to the noise reduction. (same
program). Many ham rigs sound like you are under water when adding noise
reduction. I would  agree that the resale market for a KX3 will be high. I
also think that the FDM duo series may be popular with hams.

73,

Mike Bates

Inver Grove Heights, MN