[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 28-29-30 August 2014

Since I was out of town for a couple of days, wasn`t able to do live DXing, but the trusty Perseus was still at work:

August 28th:
The most interesting of the three days, and one I wished I`d experienced live, as I might have been able to parallel web streams to get a couple of stations IDed:

1413  unID	Traces of audio at 1154
1494  unID	Traces of audio at 1212
1584.02 unID First noted traces at 1155, but came back stronger at 1214 with music. Unfortunately though the signal was fair for several minutes, that coincided with a couple of musical selections without any talk between. Suspect Coast from New Zealand, one I could have checked against the web stream.
1593 unID	Weak instrumental music at 1214.

All the action was in the high end of the dial, but didn`t feature the standard Australian frequencies, so suspect it was New Zealand that was favoured. Other freqs with strongish carriers were 1575, 1503, and 1476.

August 29th:
Nearly a shutout, with the only audio being a couple of minutes of talk by a man on 702 khz at 1213, likely ABC Sydney.

August 30th:
Today was another of those morningss with a lot of carriers, but not much audio to show for it.

684	unID		Traces of audio at 1213
738 unID Got into audio briefly with talk by a man at 1158, but not strong enough to determine if it was French or English
756	unID		Faint traces of audio at 1204
1548 4QD Emerald Very weak, with talk by a man at 1159, then ABC news fanfare.

The one thing all 3 days had in common was a complete lack of anything from Asia.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta