From: Chuck Hutton <charlesh3@xxxxxxx>
To: irca <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Aug 21, 2014 3:57 pm
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Fwd: [mwcircle] Greenland returns to Medium Wave

From Newfoundland, we (lots of people) heard 570, 650, 720, 810 and 900 with not
too much trouble given no aurora. 720 could be heard well before sunset and I
think I remember someone getting a trace around noon local time.

But reception from Newfoundland is cheating a bit, right?

Chuck

> From: mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx
> To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 11:55:15 -0700
> Subject: Re: [IRCA] Fwd: [mwcircle] Greenland returns to Medium Wave
>
> Nick,
>
> Thanks for the update. I would love to log one of those KNR stations. The only
Grrenland I have is the old AFRTS 1425 heard and QSL'd, but I have never logged
one of the others here. I believe Mark has heard at least one of them from NFD.

> Patrick
>
> Patrick Martin
> Seaside OR
> KGED QSL Manager
>
> > Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 15:09:18 +0000
> > To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > From: nhp@xxxxxxxx
> > Subject: [IRCA] Fwd: [mwcircle] Greenland returns to Medium Wave
> >

> > from Medium Wave Circle...
> >

> > >Good news from Greenland. It has been revealed a
> > >few hours ago, that KNR is to return to three
> > >Medium Wave frequencies following a lot of
> > >criticism about the lack of reception of KNR on
> > >the sea and outside towns and villages in Greenland.
> > >
> > >Three MW frequencies are expected to return:
> > >
> > >Qeqertarsuaq - anytime between October 1st and December 1st 2014
> > >Nuuk  - anytime between January and March 2015
> > >Simiutaq, Qaqortoq â  approx.  June 1st 2015
> > >
> > >No frequencies nor powers were quoted, but previously they were:
> > >
> > >Qeqertarsuaq â  650 kHz (5 kW)
> > >Nuuk  - 570 kHz (5 kW)
> > >Simiutaq, Qaqortoq â 720 kHz (10 kW)
> > >
> > >And 650 kHz is of course the most commonly
> > >reported KNR frequency reported in Europe.
> > >

> > >Best 73âs
> > >Stig Hartvig Nielsen, Denmark

original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA,
its editors, publishing staff, or officers

editors, publishing staff, or officers

editors, publishing staff, or officers

--- End Message ---