[IRCA] TP for 17 July, Gabriola Island

A quick trip to Gabriola Island while Gary and Chuck were working the cliffs, with I imagine, completely different results.

  I was monitoring the DX Fishbarrel in Victoria while DXing here; Victoria was hearing Tahiti 738 at audible levels, while Gabriola was barely getting a carrier using a KAZ antenna with a FLG100 amplifier, so I expected that Zedders might be missing, and I was not surprised.   Things faded out fairly quickly here after 1200UT, and before, it was all Asia.

HLAZ 1566 had two women in CC at 1152UT at completely readable levels, and 1287 had a man in JJ.    NHK pips were barely heard at 1200UT on 594 and 828, plus, even more barely, 1503.  Otherwise, lots of carriers in the usual spots, 774, 972, 1053, 1179, 1269 etc., but little audio.    And no audio and few carriers at all from DU as sunrise approached.

best wishes,

Nick

--

--