Re: [IRCA] Moving towards better DXing

Congrats Colin. Sounds like you have room for a SAL-30! :)

73,
Brandon

On 7/17/2014 4:38 PM, R. Colin Newell wrote:
After 20+ years living in an apartment and condo, my wife and I have bought
a house out
in the burbs with a BIG back yard and the potential for some REAL antennas.
Although my ham radio operating has been awesome all those years, using
stealth antennas,
my MW and LW Dxing has not achieved its true potential because of antenna
limitations on a 7th story balcony in a concrete and steel building.

The new 'hood has underground utilities and on initial tests and
inspections prior to purchase, it was pretty darned quiet.

I look forward to finally being able to roll up my sleeves and work with
the "Big Boys"
of the Northwest; Salmaniw, Hall-Patch, Atkins, Portzer and DeBock... the
Rolling Stones
of the DX World up here.

Wish me luck everyone!