Re: [IRCA] Moving towards better DXing

Well - from my condo which is on a hill top with water views AND 275' above
average terrain --

My QRZ.com page lists over 600 QSO between 2009 and present.
I have not put everything in QRZ.com and I figure I have had around 2000
QSO since my ham career started
in 2008 or 2009.
With 10W (all mode) but mostly SSB, I have worked around 50 countries.
I have upgraded my ICOM 703+ (which I have kept for back up...) to a
Kenwood TS-480SAT (100 Watts - All mode)

I look forward to using my Drake R8, Kenwood R2000, Eton E1 with real
antennas -- and firing up my venerable DX150B
after 30 years of relative inactivity. Back in 1976 I use to DX with Nick
Hall Patch during that stellar DX season and
it picked up Europe night after night with a 300' Inverted L terminating at
the 75' level of a Douglas Fir Tree...
I have pictures of this antenna that I should post one day. They were the
good old days -- hope they return!

--
Colin Newell is the Editor and creator of Coffeecrew.com - DXer.ca -
BobHarris.com |