[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, July 11-17, 2014

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT`]. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E/W longwire as specified

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page24

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA, unidentified,
separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** CANADA [and non]. 860, July 12 at 0503 UT, a nice NAFTA mix: French Canadian talk atop, certainly CJBC Toronto, vs CBS news from KKOW Kansas, and Mexican NA in the background, 0504 UT followed by full ID for Monterrey, i.e. XENL, 5/2 kW per IRCA. Too much QRM to copy details such as slogan, listed as ``Radio Recuerdo, Canal 860``. Predominant SAH of 2 Hz, almost matching the beat of the NA, so not sure which duo of the trio match and which mono be off. MWOffset list includes only CJBC which in January 2012 was 1.5 Hz high. I might not have caught this if there had been a Fox-hole on 960 KGWA which I was checking first at 0500 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

===================

** U S A. 670, July 15 at 0553 UT, nulling WSCR I immediately hear ``hog call``, so KHGZ Glenwood AR, 5 kW daytimer is again on air in the nightmiddle; rather gets in the way of Cuba in same direxion (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 750, July 12 at 0543 UT, KAMA El Paso with Univisión América talk about Tejas Gob. Perry, way atop poor WSB Atlanta, as KAMA is obviously running 10 kW ND again instead of 250W ND or 1 kW westward as authorized (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 750, July 13 at 0601 UT, KAMA El Paso in Spanish again over WSB; maybe just propagational variation, but an hour earlier it was not like that. I wonder if they switch to 10 kW ND around local midnight, hoping no one will notice? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 750, July 15 at 0557 UT, PSA in Spanish about kids, way over WSB from opposite direxion, so KAMA El Paso TX cheating again (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 750, July 16 at 0503 UT, Spanish talk from west continues to dominate the frequency, impossiblizing audibility of WSB Atlanta; i.e. KAMA El Paso with Univisión América programming, 10 kW ND apparently on day facility; so also before local midnite (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1730, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 750, July 17 at 0548 UT, Spanish mixing with WSB, so KAMA El Paso still out of whack (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1140, July 13 at 1156 UT, sax music, outro as `All That Jazz` show, I think from KCXL, same one with 1158 UT weather, 1159 UT YL English ID as ``KCXL, Liberty [MO], 1140 AM and 102.9 FM``. However, it was interrupted at 1157 UT by Mexican music in volatile post-sunrise skip, no doubt KLTK Centerton AR. Sunday morning ghetto allows commercial stations to do something different of possible minority interest (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1520, July 13 at 1203 UT, distinctive voice of CRI newscaster in English can be heard mixing with KOKC, making slow SAH, i.e. KYND Cypress TX again, the ChiCom access to Houstonians with ordinary radios, bleeding over past Oklahoma City (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 2660, July 11 at 0120 UT, JBA carrier, presumed the second harmonic of 1330 KGLD Tyler TX as IDed last year, and audiblized now tnx to semi-hour power outage in the neighborhood for line repair following breakage in a storm last night, thus lowering the noise level now, and not much atmospheric noise either for midsummer. Power cut back on at 0121. Meanwhile a wabbit has been busily munching some weeds in the middle of the yard a few feet away, while keeping an eye on me (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---