[IRCA] D-KAZ ADDS from 5AM-6AM scan 062314

[IRCA] D-KAZ ADDS from 5AM-6AM scan 062314

This is the stuff you chase down early morning, when it's still dark to your West and you can use that to advantage. The best example may be 1000, where we simply waited for WMVP Chicago to fade away in the daylight, and that let in KOMO.

Astute citizens will note that some of these catches are serious surprises, in light of signals much closer to us here in North-Central Minnesota. But there we are, thanks to the D-Kaz and in no small part to the great resolution available in the Perseus SDR. (I missed a few of these on the first pass and found them only after going back and scanning verrry carefully.)

Note the stations coming in from the South (the "backside" of the D-Kaz). The front-back nulling had been done the previous afternoon and the f/b null may have drifted...but it's more likely that CX were such that these signals simply were warm enuf to make it in.

Mark Durenberger
On the Road

5-6 AM CDT adds TO D-KAZ LOGS  062314
140 ft. Double-Delta oriented NNW

560    KWTO    SPRINGFIELD MO
580    KIDO      NAMPA ID
590    KQNT    SPOKANE WA
640    KWPN   MOORE OK
650    KGAB    ORCHARD VALLEY WY
680    KFEQ     ST JOSEPH MO
740    KVOX    FARGO ND
750    KHWG  FALLON NV
770    KATL     MILES CITY MT
810    KBHP    STURGIS SD
900    KFAI     FULTON MO
930    KSDN   ABERDEEN SD
950    KWAT  WATERTOWN SD
960    KMA    SHENENDOAH IA
980    WPFP   PARK FALLS WI
1000  KOMO  SEATTLE
1030  KTWO  CASPER WY
1050  KMTA   MILES CITY MT
1070  KHMO  HANNIBAL MO
1090  KAAY    LITTLE ROCK AR
1100  WZFG   FARGO ND
1130  CKWX   VANCOUVER BC CA
1210  KHAT    LARAMIE WY
1230  KGHS    INTERNATIONAL FALLS MN
1240  WMFG  HIBBING MN
1270  KLXX     BISMARCK-MANDAN ND
1290  KOWB   LARAMIE WY
1310  KNOX    GRAND FORKS ND
1320  KOZY    GRAND RAPIDS MN
1340  KRBT    EVELETH-VIRGINIA MN
1360  KHNC   JOHNSTOWN CO
1450  KSSJ??  RUGBY ND  ID/DATA ARE DIFF
1550  KRPI     FERNDALE WA
1550  KAPE    CAPE GIRARDEAU MO
1590 KGFK GRAND FORKS ND