[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, June 13-19, 2014

[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, June 13-19, 2014

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT`]. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E/W longwire as specified

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page23

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA, unidentified, separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** OKLAHOMA. 6090, June 16 at 1303 very weak mixture of my two locals, 960 KGWA and 1390 KCRC; 2 x 960 = 1920, 3 x 1390 = 4170; 1920 plus 4170 = 6090. External mixing or possibly receiver-produced; never hear this at night with any fundamental signal on 6090 such as Anguilla (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

===============

** U S A. 750, June 19 at 0528 UT, dominant signal is not WSB, but also from east/west, in Spanish, PSAs about breast cancer, USDA, and soon IDing at 0529 UT as ``mejorando su vida con Univisión Radio``, 0530 UT news/talk. Then WSB starts to resurge after a fade.

Must be KAMA El Paso TX. 2013 NRC AM Log as of last August, showed it with Ua network, 10/1 kW U4. Pattern book shows zero signals to the east day or night, so out of whack? Wikipedia says it`s owned by Univisión; went with Ua network July 4, 2012. Website linked is http://750kama.univision.com/ which however only forwards to national site http://univisionamerica.univision.com and which despite © 2014 at the bottom says its El Paso station is on 920! Also in the drop-down Emisoras link at the top.

But that leads to this page named Uforia, where U stations are classified by musical format:
http://musica.univision.com/radio/ and where the only one shown for El Paso is 97.5 with Regional Mexicano.

Clicking on Radios por Ciudad, for El Paso we find that one plus 920 as Univisión América [pardon my accents; U doesn`t like them], with Noticias y Deportes but link to ``it`` just goes back to the national page. Play link also goes to the national feed, but if you try to choose El Paso - género Noticias y Deportes, there is nothing, just the musical 97.5 station.

So what is the 920 station in El Paso? NRC Log says KQBU, and also has it with Univisión America, at the same street address as the 750 station. Is the same programming running on both 920 and 750 in EP? Surely not. But why doesn`t U acknowledge they are on 750, which BTW is a much bigger signal than the one on 920? Perhaps a DXer in El Paso can unravel this situation for us.

Neither the by-city page nor the musical page displays any U station on 750 anywhere, which I just heard to ID! Could it have been a real Mexican? Only 750s possibly westish are in Ciudad Camargo, Chihuahua and Culiacán, Sinaloa, neither with any known connexion to Univisión América, which is surely limited to the USA only.

BTW, the U bug of Univisión as seen on TV, is made up of four basic colors, not three (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1000, June 18 at 0615 UT, gospel huxter in English almost zero-beat with KTOK OKC, about same level and mutually nullable, close to 90 degrees apart, no doubt the oft-cheating KKIM Albuquerque NM, on 10 kW day power instead of legal 38 watts night (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CHINA [non]. 1520, June 17 at 1132 UT, CRI relay in English is about equal level to CBS News Update from KOKC OKC, making slow SAH of 48/minute = 0.8 Hz, i.e. KYND Cypress TX serving Houston (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1530, June 17 at 0559 UT, the two cheaters ID neatly one after another: first, KCMN, Colorado Springs on the I-25 Radio Network; then KLBW 1530.com, New Boston TX. Todd Skaine in MN reports another 1530 daytimer on at night, KQNK Norton KS, not yet heard here (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 960, June 16 at 0501 UT, Mexican NA is audible, and at 0502 `Let It Be`, orchestral Beatles tune, as so often heard during the KGWA Fox-Hole of dead but hummy air. This sequence would almost lead me to believe both musix are coming from XEK, but there is QRM from others. One of these nights I`ll try to hear XEK webstream instead, per Cantú:
http://216.251.77.56:9000/listen.pls
confirmed funxional at 1519 UT June 16 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) See MEXICO

--- End Message ---