[IRCA] IRCA TIS/HAR list in progress

--- Begin Message ---
I am now working on the
update to the IRCA TIS/HAR list.
So far, I have
downloaded the FCC database and compared it to the âlist in progressâ. I
decided to add their âaddressâ as location information which may help folks
find the station. I have converted the station coordinates to Decimal format,
which can be pasted into google/yahoo maps. I did a few spot checks of the
coordinates to the âaddressâ and discovered that some of the coordinates were âoffâ.
I then decided to check all the coordinates using google maps and have marked
those that are âoffâ. I indicated any differences I found.
Next step is to go
through the various eGroups and DX bulletins to check for TIS/HAR loggings.
Once that is done, the list will be ready to publish.
Plan is to publish the
list in freq/state/city/location order. If anyone would prefer a different
order, please let me know.
This edition should be
the best edition for being able to find the station. Â
Note: I used the âstreet
viewâ feature of google maps to check out several of the locations and was
actually able to âlookâ at the station!! I gathered a few pictures of the
various location types and may publish them in an article sometime in the
future.
Phil Bytheway
IRCA Goodie Factory
Seattle WA