[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, June 6-12, 2014

[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, June 6-12, 2014

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT`]. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E/W longwire as specified

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page23

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA, unidentified, separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** U S A. 1090, June 9 at 1927 UT on caradio at a quiet spot in a strip mall parking lot along West Garriott in Enid, I have been hearing a very weak talk signal, slowly fading up and down. Unsure of subject, but now an ESPN? ID. NO, it`s ``EWTN Radio`` so obviously my closest 1090, east of Kansas City, KEXS in Excelsior Springs MO, 8 kW D4. It`s not at all unusual around SRS or SSS, but here it is midday, less than an hour after local mean noon, so at the limit of its groundwave. Day pattern is broad to the west. I never get any higher frequency KC market stations on groundwave, e.g. 1250 KYYS, 25 kW. Enid-Excelsior city-to-city distance is 285 miles.

The fades presumably caused by another even weaker 1090 less than 1 Hz away: that could be 50 kW KAAY Little Rock AR, if really on full power and on non-direxional day pattern; however, ground conductivity in that direxion is very poor and I don`t normally hear it at all in the daytime. It`s only slightly further than KEXS. One more possibility: KVOP in Plainview (panhandle) TX, which is 5 kW direxional with a deep null toward us and KEXS, but over a good conductivity path. None of these are on the MWoffset list (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1500, June 11 at 1203 UT, CBS news, way out of synch with 1520 KOKC. Can`t be KSTP, and loops more from the NW/SE. Mostly dominant, but with deep fades out and back. 1204 UT promo for CBS Radio News app, and a PSA so unsold local ad time; 1205 UT more CBS news, but now KOKC has dumped out of it for some talkshow.

1208 UT, 1500 kHz CBS with a generic timecheck, i.e. cue for another optional cutaway, story about frequent flying, which turns out to be `The Osgood File`; 1211 UT Wall Street report; 1212 UT finally local segment from AM 1500, re solar power, 1213 UT local weather, 62 degrees, finally ``AM-1500 K-Jim``, then relay lo-fi NOAA weather radio. So it`s 1 kW daytimer KJIM, Shermon-Denison TX, which are SSE from here (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CHINA [non]. 1520, June 11 at 1203 UT, mixing with CBS news via attenuated to 20 kW KOKC, are the intonations of CRI`s English newscaster, as relayed by KYND Cypress (Houston) TX, presumably now on 25 kW day power instead of 3; nearly zero-beat, via residual skywave. More than half a sesquihour after LSR here, which was 1113 UT, the earliest of the year (latest sunset not for another two or three weeks at 0153 UT) (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

NOTE: there was no ``mostly Mexican`` MW DX to report again this week --- but there was Mexican FM DX which cannot be reported here

--- End Message ---