[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, May 16-22, 2014

[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, May 16-22, 2014

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT`]. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; or Sony SRF-59 as specified; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E/W longwire as specified

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham,
which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page23

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA, unidentified,
separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** CANADA. 1610, May 20 at 0558 UT, again no IBOC from 1600 KATZ St. Louis to block: ``CHHA, Radio Voces Latinas, 1610-AM`` ID; 0559 plug for ``su noticiero Panorama, de lunes a viernes``, promo some 21 de mayo event in Toronto.

And no IBOC either from KEPN Lakewood CO at a right angle to block Anguilla. Holding breath/crossing fingers that both be gone for good, but one is often ultimately disappointed in such cases (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1722, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

==================

** U S A. 690, UT Friday May 16 at 0501 UT, KGGF Coffeyville KS is playing the Marine Hymn, in its rotating patriotic music sign-off, and as always followed at 0502 UT by Taps (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1110, UT Friday May 16 at 0128 UT, KFAB is sufficiently nullable to hear something in English, but S Asian accent, inviting requests to be called in for next show; says he will be back tomorrow morning, and then Tuesday night, bit of S Asian music. Deep fades; 0130 UT canned ID in English as ``---- Radio, KVTT, 11-10 AM, Mineral Wells-Dallas-Fort Worth``, and more S Asian vocal music. Radio-locator.com shows slogan as ``FunAsia Radio``. Wikipedia link to program schedule shows different hosts at those times:
http://www.funasia.net/radio.php?radio_id=1
And includes, Hindu, Moslem, Christian shows; for Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis and Nepalis (at least).

Official KVTT sunset in May is 0130 UT (June & July: 0145), but unaware of this, I did not note any abrupt disappearance. 50 kW day pattern
http://transition.fcc.gov/ftp/Bureaus/MB/Databases/AM_DA_patterns/1390900-111898.pdf
shows major lobe to the SE, secondary to the SSW and tertiary to the NW. However now it would be on 39 kW for Critical Hours, pattern:
http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?call=KVTT&service=AM&status=L&hours=C
Licensee is Texoma Broadcasting, and it does reach into southern OK (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1220, May 16 at 1201 UT, local news of a fatality on ``K-68 near Ottawa``, so it`s KOFO Ottawa KS, 250/40/47 watts U1. Remnant of skywave remains on the upper band; today`s Enid sunrise 1124 UT, with about 10 minutes to go for earliest in about 3 weeks (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1470, May 16 at 1206 UT, promo for Newstalk 14-70, KYYW; for weather see kyyw.com and then hour three of Bill Bennett`s `Morning in America` with guest host Mark Davis. Abilene TX before skywave fades out (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 960, May 17 at 0502 UT, the ``Let It Be`` station again, playing instrumental-only version of the Beatles` song at the same hour as previously heard a few times, so a midnite ritual? Perhaps a (pseudo?)-Catholic station? This time it`s strong enough that I can get a rough bearing on it underneath the KGWA Fox-hole open-carrier, not just at the KGWA null --- and it`s sort of north/south, which rules out WABG in Mississippi. That would fit for XEK Nuevo Laredo, but we already know and frequently hear it playing the Mexican NA and/or XEW chimes at this time. KGKL in TX and KMA in IA are ruled out, since they both run ABC News during this pentaminute, sometimes reverbing against each other.

KNEB in Scottsbluff NE, 350 watts, is also on ABC network, but not sure what they are doing; C&W format listed in NRC AM Log 2013. KIMP in Mount Pleasant, NE TX is SS:Nostalgia, with 75 watts at night, not logged yet. Further ones N/S-ish with less than 100 watts night are KFLN in Baker MT, C&W Real Country, Fox; KLTF, Little Falls MN, talk, Fox, etc. There is another Mexican a little further beyond XEK: Saltillo, Coahuila, XEKS, ranchera/internacional format, per IRCA Mexican Log 2013. There`s some internet resource identifying which stations are playing which music, but I`ve never tried to use it, especially if must be in real time, and I don`t see how it can be anywhere near complete (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1120, May 17 at 0603 UT, no sign of the Spanish/music station in KMOX null that I was hearing during this hour May 15, nor was it there on May 16, making me suspect KEOR OK more as an occasional nighttime cheater. KTXW has supposedly been calling itself ``La Zeta 11-20``, rather than ``La Nueva 11-20`` which is what I thought I heard (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 2660.02 approx, May 18 at 0142, JBA carrier a smidge on the hi side, which I suspect is KGLD Tyler TX harmonic as previously heard on 2 x 1330. Noise level not too bad here; my streetlight does not ignite until *0147/0148 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---