Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Reversible Double-Delta

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Reversible Double-Delta

Sounds like it was working well and good to hear that there basically was little re-nulling needed. This is a very important aspect of this design since SDR users want to record the entire band. On mine at home using fixed resistors I can get 30+ to 40 dB nulls on locals. This means most back nulled regionals go away at night as they are overwhelmed by DX from the desired direction.

You can always phase it vs something else if a single freq very deep nulls is needed. When I got KCEG on 780 14 miles NNW of WBBM, I phased one of these vs a random piece of wire about 30 ft long on the ground.

Non SDR users would do very well phasing one end of a Double Delta (Double KAZ or whatever you want to call it) vs the other. Nulls clearly exceed 40 dB, but are very narrow banded..ie basically just the frequency nulled +/- not much more than 10 KHz. The phased configuration is also bi-directional since you switch the phasing to null the opposite direction.

140 ft length is likely the max for good high band F/B as it seems to worsen if you make the antenna much larger.

73 KAZ