Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] High Performance Car Antenna for MW DX

Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] High Performance Car Antenna for MW DX

Les, since you mention Dodge. My 2007 or 8 (can't recall) Dodge Dakota has the best AM rx of any American vehical I've ever driven. The issue is selectivity, which while superior to many cars, isn't as good as a decent ULR. Sensitivity is fine, but of course might be better with a big better antenna. As for FM it is the best for any vehical I've ever had. In comparison, I've never seen a better stock AM rx in a car than in my wife's Audi. It is a smidge more sensitive and selective than my pickup. However, my FM is slightly more sensitive than her's with still fine selectivity.

I've travelled a lot so have driven many cars. 20+ years ago I had something I think was called a Pioneer Super Tuner in a pickup. It paled in comparison even on FM to what I have in our main two vehicals now as stock rx's and yes, that old truck had an external whip.

73 KAZ