[IRCA] CQ Communications & The idea of merging NRC/IRCA

[IRCA] CQ Communications & The idea of merging NRC/IRCA

Discussions over the past few days regarding the demise of print media in niche hobby markets, along with decisions to go "all digital" by organizations like the WTFDA, have also rekindled interest in the idea that it is long past time for the National Radio Club and the International Radio Club of America to merge.

Whatever happened in 1961 (a year before I was born) is ancient history--and I suspect has little or no bearing on how the organizations function today. With a shrinking pool of hobbyists, it only makes sense for the two clubs to strongly consider pooling their resources.

For years, I served as the CPC Chairman for both clubs. During my tenure, representing both clubs was never an issue. Many of us have been members in both clubs for a long time, and I don't really detect any differences in how they approach the role.

My personal request to the BoD of both clubs would be to explore and strongly consider the advantages of merging into a single club. Pooling resources, and better position our hobby for long-term survival.

--
73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
Maylene, AL
EM63

Member NRC, IRCA, & Medium Wave DX Circle
Former CPC Chairman for NRC/IRCA

Perseus SDR, SDR-IQ,Funcube Pro, Wellbrooke ALA-1530+ loop, LF Engineering Active Whips,
Quantum Phaser, Kiwa Loop, Palstar MW Pre-Selector