[IRCA] Solomon Islands Broadcasting Corporation QSL Information

[IRCA] Solomon Islands Broadcasting Corporation QSL Information

I've been in touch with the General Manager at the Solomon Islands
Broadcasting Corporation and thought I would pass along some QSL &
Technical information.

The GM tells me the best shot for Americans to hear them on Shortwave is at
night on 9545Khz. The transmitters are capable of 10KW but are throttled
back to 5KW. They have an AM too, at 1035Khz ... that transmitter is
capable of 10KW as well, but usually only runs about 5KW.

If you are happy with an email confirmation of your SIBC reception on AM or
SW, you can email the Chief Engineer Patrick Tibaua by sending a note to:
ptibaua@xxxxxxxxxxx

If you prefer to a QSL by regular mail, send about $3US for postage to:

Patrick Tibaua
SIBC
P.O.Box 654
Honiara, Solomon Islands

Be prepared to wait more then a month for a reply, as mail can take several
weeks going there and coming back.

Paul Walker