[IRCA] Question: Which Analog Sony SRF Walkman Would You Rate the Best ULR?

[IRCA] Question: Which Analog Sony SRF Walkman Would You Rate the Best ULR?

This may seem to be a "Duh!" question to some in the group, but I'm curious as to which of the various analog Sony SRF AM/FM Walkman radios would be considered the "best."

I remember a post by Gary DeBock that identified six AM/FM Walkman radios that utilized the CXA1129N "radio-on-a-chip" ...

1. SRF-29
2. SRF-39
3. SRF-39FP
4. SRF-49
5. SRF-59
6. SRF-S84

I have the SRF-59 and have to say that it is a hot radio for its size. I've been pleasantly surprised by its sensitivity and selectivity, especially here in Houston, TX.

My question is based on the fact that I don't have any other model with which to compare the performance of my SRF-59.

I just ordered an SRF-29 on eBay tonight, based solely on Gary's email about it containing the CXA1129N chip.

Is there a document or spreadsheet somewhere that compares the six radios listed above?

Thanks for your help!!

73 & Good DX,

Steve Ponder, N5WBI
Houston, TX

"Character is not what people see from a distance-- that's platform. Character is more often seen up close and over time." - Ed Stetzer