[IRCA] auroral activity

In a few minutes of listening before bed last night, I noted some good South American signals as well as the usual pile of Cubans.

Fortaleza, Brazil good on 760 with Portuguese talk that seemed religious.

Caracas, Venezuela booming on 750 with Venezuelan National Anthem.

Spanish loud on 780 over WBBM: probably Coro, Venezuela.

All this at about 11:25-11:30 p.m. EST / 27 FEB = 0425-0430 UTC / 28 FEB.

I was using the Palstar R30C upstairs as it was rather chilly in the basement where I keep the other gear.

Tonight I'll set up for a Perseus capture or two.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION
South Yarmouth, MA