Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 2-24

and if I may, another one on the same notion

http://www.cbc.ca/undertheinfluence/season-3/2014/02/22/radio-is-dead-long-live-radio-2/

This week on Under The Influence, an encore performance of "Radio Is Dead:
Long Live Radio" where we look at the incredible creativity happening in
radio advertising around the world today.

Many advertisers think radio is yesterday's medium, but judging by the work
being done today, the opposite is true. We'll tell the story of a German
music school that used radio to recruit top music students by making their
email address invisible to all but those with perfect pitch, how an entire
country's radio stations switched formats one morning to sell a chocolate
bar and how the country of Colombia used radio to send a coded message of
hope out to kidnapped soldiers.

Radio isn't dead, it's hotter than ever.

Because I co-founded a company based on radio advertising, and because I
host a national radio show that explores the advertising industry, I am
often asked the same question over and over again:

What's going to happen to radio?

I'm always amused by that question, because the subtext is that radio is in
trouble.

To that I say - radio is the ultimate survivor.

It was the first-ever broadcast medium, and it went on the air way back in
the 1920s, both in Canada and the United States.

Warren Harding was the first American President to speak on public radio in
1922, and Prime Minister Mackenzie King was the first Canadian leader to be
broadcast in 1927.

Radio seemed like a miracle - because it the first time an entire country
could hear a live sound at exactly the same time.

Since then, radio has survived the competition of motion pictures,
television, VCRs, PVRs and now, the internet.

If I had to put my finger on why radio has survived, I would have to say
because it is such a "personal" medium.

Radio is a voice in your ear. It is a highly personal activity. People
rarely listen to radio in groups, the way an entire family might sit in
front of the television, or go to a theatre to see a movie.

Radio is local. It broadcasts news and programming that is mostly local in
nature. And through all the technological changes happening around radio,
and in radio - be it AM moving to FM moving to satellite radio and internet
radio, basic terrestrial radio survives into another day.

And in the world of advertising and marketing, radio continues to be
incredibly innovative.