[IRCA] Thursday morning at Burnt River ON

[IRCA] Thursday morning at Burnt River ON

With the K up at 6, an interesting morning.

1140 XEMR Monterrey was huge at 0643 EST // web stream with talk, sounding religious, but mentioning Nueve Leon and Monterrey.

A presumed KVSH ID on 940 but rather weak at 0651. Valentine NE. Not needed so moved on.

Southern Gospel on 1140 at 0723 had me hoping for WRNA China Grove NC. IDed at 0731 as WBXR Hazel Green AL. Location given was actually Fayetteville-Huntsville. Relog.

The Good Morning  Wake Up Show / Solid Gospel.com on 1110 is presumed to be unneeded WCBR Richmond KY. At 0735.

WCPC Houston MS was huge atop 940, one of the better signals I've had from it over the years. At 0745.

A strange one on 990 at 0807 EST, well after sunrise and long after any trace of Mexicans here. Huge signal with La Noticias, Hora Nacional. Which is something I'd expect from Mexico. Had the CT Tropical station here a half hour earlier, during an upsurge from MA/CT/RI. But this came with good signals to the west and domestic southwest.

At 0815, 1450 yielded KATE Albert Lea MN, a relog. KWNO 1230 Winona MN at 0825, Relevant Radio on 1330 is Minneapolis at 0829.

Closed off the morning run with a new catch - nice ID on 1240 for KDEC. That's Decorah IA. Not often I hear IA on a GY. At 0850.

Saul Chernos
Burnt River ON