Re: [IRCA] Perseus New Owner

Hi Les,

One thing I'd highly recommend you do is download and try the
timer/scheduler software called MESTOR. It's the only utility of its type
that is considered bulletproof and 100% reliable for timed recordings with
Perseus. It'll do the TOH recordings you want, and a lot more!

Here's the Perseus Yahoo Group message about Mestor's introduction:

This is the actual download link for the ZIP file:
http://peditio.net/utility/softat/Mestor.zip

Here's a users manual of sorts for Mestor, with a description of how it
works, and more:
xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/21103604/1475184824/name/Mestor.pdf

I also suggest you join the Perseus SDR Yahoo Group. There is a load of
information about the receiver, although over the last two years the bulk
of messages have been very geeky, with discussions among
Perseus owners who are more interested in the software aspects than in
actual DXing.

Ken in Ayrshire, Scotland has lots of information about Perseus on his TADX
blog:  http://www.dxarchive.com/mw/perseus.html   He has been using Perseus
for TA MW DXing since 2008.

Lastly, I have a lot of Perseus information in my archived Perseus blog
"Five Below". It's been offline for two years now, but when I had it active
for three years I wrote about Tropical bands and MW DXing with Perseus
(hence the
"Five Below" name). You can download the entire blog in a ZIP file from
here:  http://realmonitor.com/Five_Below.zip  Just unzip the archive and
launch "index.html" in your browser. All the text from the blog is still
accessible in the archive, but some of the photos are no longer hosted
externally so they don't appear. Overall I'd say that 95% of the blog's
content is still as readable and useful as when it was live.

One more tip: be sure to configure settings the way you'd like them by
clicking on the Microtelecomm logo in the upper left hand corner. Lots of
stuff to try in there! If you get stumped, do a search on keywords in the
Perseus SDR Yahoo Group's messages.

Enjoy your new receiver!

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA