Re: [IRCA] Morse Code mystery on 1440

Rick,

Steve here in Boone, Iowa. Listening on my 160M inverted L I hear an SS rising above a unintelligible jumble. No CW.

BTW for those DX'ers in warmer climates, at 0548 local / 2348 GMT it is 5.5F here. Low tomorrow night is supposed to be -10F, no surprise.

To see what happens when you throw a cup of boiling water up in the air when it is -13F see:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uHgPUoRvJQ&feature=youtu.be

This is my wife doing the throwing, and me doing the poor digital "filming". The boiling water freezes into a frozen fog and blows away in the wind.

CNN just momentarily rose above the SS on 1440, not sure who it is.

Steve