[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, January 31-February 6, 2014

[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, January 31-February 6, 2014

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page20

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only; or Sony SRF-59 as specified; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E-W longwire as specified

Note: I am aware that for the last few weeks, some of my weekly reports have been appearing twice on some lists, even tho I only send them once. OTOH, they may be missing completely due to misapplied spam filtering, so if not there as usual on a Thursday, check one of the sources mentioned above.

** MEXICO. 700, Feb 3 at 1314 UT, rustic song in non-Spanish with frequency to itself; still in at 1329 UT just before sunrise here but fading: presumed usual XEETCH, Etchojoa, Sonora, La Voz de los Tres Rios which broadcasts in three indigenous languages (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 700, Feb 4 at 1315 UT, rustic Mexican music, hypo announcer, no doubt the regular XEETCH, Etchojoa, Sonora (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 6185, Feb 2 at 0639, XEPPM is still modulating with Spanish music, instead of stopping circa 0600; and it`s still undermodulated, but better than usual, yet not enough oomph to overcome 6180 Brasil. Just to be sure, I try to // it to 1060 XEEP, and succeed sufficiently amid the QRM there. Wolfgang Büschel also heard 6185- past 0600, 18 Hz low, and declared that ``Aoki is wrong``, but I say it`s just another instance of variable closing on 6185; don`t count on it to continue, nor even all-night as it once was (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1707, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 6185, Feb 3 at 0604, XEPPM is again still modulating Spanishly past nominal 0600*, ACI from Brasil (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 6185, Feb 4 at 0625 check, XEPPM is completely off, no modulation and no carrier either; on Feb 2, Wolfgang Büschel heard them until 0700* (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1707, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non]. 1180, Feb 1 at 0711 UT tune-in ``Ciudad Delicias, Chihuahua`` partial ID amid music. Per WRTH 2014, it`s XEDCH with 1.5 kW at night; per IRCA it`s 250 watts. And Cantú *still* claims the call is XEJK. Whatever, how can this possibly surpass the 34 R. Rebelde jammers all over Cuba (per WRTH) on 1180 ranging from 1 to 200 kW, including four of 50 kW? What little RF is coming out of Cuba is easily nulled for XEDCH to dominate, with more QRM from Omaha than Cuba (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Atlantic MW carrier search, Jan 31 at 0122 UT; 1521 Saudi het is stronger than usual against 1520 KOKC, so I step down by 9-kHz to find only JBA ones on: 1512, 1503, 1422, 1332, 1205, 1044, 945, 747 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. TP carrier search Feb 3: JBA on 774 at 1254, 594 at 1255, 747 at 1256, all likely NHK. Today`s LSR is 1331 UT, precessing about one minute earlier per day (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1170, Feb 5 at 0655 UT, still trying to pull an ID from a SS with KFAQ Tulsa nulled, making 72/minute SAH = 1.2 Hz; seems to be quoting Bible when KFAQ fades a bit (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)