Sent: Monday, February 03, 2014 8:06 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Array Solutions SAL-30

Nick,

I'm glad that you addressed this topic. I've experienced a similar issue when phasing active whips against each other. Deep nulls are easy enough to obtain, using the Quantum Phaser with 2 LF Engineering Active Whips, but once nulled, the remaining signal is so low that identification of stations underneath can prove impossible.

What is the solution to this problem? It sounds like you're saying that bigger antennas with a greater capture area may be the only solution? Unfortunately, that's not a great option for my deed-restricted, HOA situation or my small back yard in general.

Any suggestions welcome. Thank you for sharing your expertise. Very helpful to a newcomer.

--
73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
Maylene, AL
EM63

Member NRC, IRCA, & Medium Wave DX Circle
Former CPC Chairman for NRC/IRCA

SDR-IQ,Funcube Pro, Wellbrooke ALA-1530+ loop, LF Engineering Active Whips,
Quantum Phaser, Kiwa Loop, Palstar MW Pre-Selector