Re: [IRCA] TP 31 Jan, Victoria version

Of course, maybe, judging by your DX, I should have checked for India
on 1566

That's pretty near antipodes DX isn't it?

yes...very very close which makes me wonder if this is more of a 'normal' dawn enhanced antipodal occurrence and less to do with the grayline as their sunset was almost an hour earlier than our sunrise. It's encouraging that their signal pops-up every morning on 160m like clockwork, right at our sunrise and then vanishes shortly thereafter...too bad their wasn't a MW outlet there to see what it does at the same time!

For future reference when firing up on 160m, maybe you should check out http://www3.telus.net/public/shallpat/test/display.htm for real time signal strength updates from this part of the world on MW, and see if you can find some other good DX. I aim it west during the overnight hours until sunrise, then shift to north for daytime and evening.

Yes...I have checked it out a few times when I hear some TA carriers to see what it is indicating. I don't really have a proper BCB antenna, other than my 160m wire, but am thinking about some sort of loop.

Cheers / Steve

WEB - "The VE7SL Radio Notebook": http://members.shaw.ca/ve7sl