Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] WJDI 1620

Thanks for this Karl. Few people probably know that the WJDI story goes back to 1970. The hat you mentioned is indeed of special significance as it belonged to a close friend of "George", someone that mentored him in the field of radio at a very young age. And his ability to design and build the 15kw transmitter by hand is beyond impressive. The WJDI story is an interesting one, as is the man behind the station. I'm in the process of documenting the history of WJDI, thanks to information provided firsthand by "George", more to follow in coming weeks...

73,
-Tim