[IRCA] TA DXing from Southeast

I've never attempted any Trans-Atlantic DXing from my home here in the Southeastern US...and have only received a handful of foreign stations on MW. Mostly in the Caribbean, and South America. But after reading about DX'ers as far inland as Oklahoma having some success with TA receptions--I'm wondering if I dismissed this too quickly?

Lots of questions:

1.) Is it possible or likely that I could receive TA's here in Central Alabama?

2.) What would be the best target stations to start with? I'm assuming that Radio Farda 1575 might be a good one? What others?

3.) Best time of day to start looking for them?

4.) Optimum mode and bandwidth to look using an SDR-IQ?

Any other advice for someone brand-new to the effort?

--
73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
Maylene, AL
EM63

Member NRC, IRCA, & Medium Wave DX Circle
Former CPC Chairman for NRC/IRCA

SDR-IQ,Funcube Pro, Wellbrooke ALA-1530+ loop, LF Engineering Active Whips,
Quantum Phaser, Kiwa Loop, Palstar MW Pre-Selector