[IRCA] JAN 17 Summary

Jim Renfrew, Holley NY

All times EST

Live listening and 0230 Perseus recordings

JAN 16
2345   1520   KOLM   MN   Rochester   "The Ticket"

JAN 17
0015   1520   UNID   Spanish
0055   1520   KOKC   OK   Oklahoma City   Herman Cain show til 0100, then
"Red Eye Radio"
0059   1520   KKXA   WA   Snohomish   Country music "KXA" ID, NEW
(Washington #3)
0148   1640   KDZR   OR   Lake Oswego   Radio Disney // 1560.  NEW  (OR #1,
State #48)
0230   620   WZON   ME   Bangor
0230   620   WTMJ   WI   Milwaukee
0230   730   CKDM   MB   Dauphin   Local weather, call letters mentioned
twice, country music.  NEW
0230   950   CFAM   MB   Altona   presumed with classical music over local
950.  Previously logged.
0230   1150   WHBY   WI   Kimberly   call letters.  This one seems to throw
out some signal.  I've heard several times in Newfoundland.
0230   1300   WOOD   MI   Grand Rapids   "1300 and 106.9 FM" ID
0230   1350   CIRA-5   QC   Gatineau   French talk and music.  NEW

Would have been nice if I hadn't fumbled Perseus recordings after 0230.
 But a classic night nonetheless with state #48 (finally) after DXing from
the Rochester area since 1976.  Almost feels like Roger Maris' 61 with an
asterisk in getting OR on the X-band.  But I will take it!  A new one from
Manitoba is also a nice addition to the night's results.