Re: [IRCA] 1520 Fun

Great catch, Jim. I'd presume that they'd left day pattern on at night just as I presumed when I had them here in IL once back in the fall. Same slogan was hrd here.

>From what I am reading here it seems that cx got better after I quit at 2200 EST (times EST for this write up).

I was relegated to using just one western Double KAZ antenna since the other one needs some fix up that I wasn't going to attempt at night in windy 15F weather with nearly a foot of snow still on the ground. Therefore, things to the west weren't as good as they could've been since my receive beamwidths were wider than desired. However, at least I was using the best of the two antennas, since the one needing some repair is at most 25 ft from // powerlines that run down might street and are quite detrimental.

I went over some recodings and things seemed better to Northern Mexico than usual from 2000 to 2200, whereas has been the case lately nothing much happening to the Pac NW. ie XEP 1300 was good at 2020 and XERF 1570 was thunderous at 2200. XEBJB 570 was noted sometimes mixing with WNAX and pest XEMU 580 was in.

High end cx were good but not great and still no OR on 1640 for me, with UT being a nuisance along with Oldies from OK and WTNI which isn't nulled nearly as much by a single antenna with a 100 deg BW as with the array which has a 60 deg BW at 1640. Of interest to the west at 2200 was a decent sig from KFBK 1530. In passing on my recording I noted some weak C&W on 1520 bothered by KOLM (day power methinks) and KOKC but didn't try to ID as don't need whatever it could be to the west. I'll listen to it later as KKXA would be nice to log again but note that nuisance KRHW also can play Cl. C&W.

In the X-band from the west there were just traces of KNTS 1680 (this can be lots better) but there was some KFSG 1690 (Russian) u/Denver's Disney with WVON below that. On the truck rx (omni) Toronto's Greek was overpowering WVON and no trace of anything else to show what a 30 dB or greater F/B can provide.

73 KAZ Barrington IL suspecting that cx really jumped up after I quit.