Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 18:13:34 -0800
From: earlthenut@xxxxxxxxx
To: les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; am@xxxxxxxxxxx; irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; am@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [NRC-AM] Sunset Skip (SSS) Top Ten Targets

Sorry about that Les. Thanks for filling in what I neglected to!
For Washington State, in my opinion your best bet is KGA-Spokane 1510, heard at least a couple times every year during the last week of October at their sunset pattern change. Incidentally that reminds me you can get sunrise and sunset info for every station at Barry
 MacLarnan's excellent database at the "Topaz Designs" website.
Others have reported hearing KOMO-Seattle 1000 at sunset, but I haven't heard that one yet at least not at sunset. Used to be semi regular when Chicago station would go off on Monday mornings, sadly those days are gone.
South Dakota is another one that used to be easy when Richmond Virginia would go off every Sunday morning on 1140 and KSOO-Sioux Falls (and sometimes CKXL Calgary) would boom in. Now your best bet for South Dakota is either KSOO-1140 at sunset or KOKK-1210 also at sunset or sunrise.
Good luck, keep us posted! Glad to help. Earl Higgins

“Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.”  Nelson Mandela