[IRCA] TPs in Seattle on January 5

Yesterday, I had nothing but wispy carriers on 747, 774, and maybe one two others. Today was quite a bit better, the best reception of the past several days.

The SDR ran from 1250-1600+. I'm thinking I should start the recording sooner because most of today's action was at the beginning of the file. HLAZ-1566 was near local-like at times, especially before 1300. Most of the others peaked just before 1300, and tapered off after that.

There wasn't much of a sunrise enhancement except for HLAZ, which made an impressive encore performance for about 15 minutes.

Good - fully or mostly understandable by a native speaker
1566 HLAZ, monster signal 1250, man with religious talk in Japanese. Remained strong through the end of the JJ service at 1345. Signal gradually became weaker after antenna change 1345. It was fair-poor after that, until 1528-1544 when it faded back up with various Chinese announcements and songs at nice level.

Fair - parts of it understandable by a native speaker
747 JOIB, man with weather report fading up for a couple of minutes 1311, otherwise poor-nil
774    JOUB, Japanese talk 1252-1255, poor-nil after that
972    HLCA, woman in Korean 1334-1338
1422    JORF, man in Japanese 1257
1575 VOA, mostly inaudible today, but faded up for a few minutes 1507-1511 with talk in SEA language

Poor - recognizable program content
981    CNR1, bits of Chinese talk 1257
1413    music 1251
1593 CNR1, 1257-1302, occasional syllables of Chinese talk poking through the splatter from my 1590 local
1602    NHK2, 1252 man & woman in Japanese // 774

Bruce in Seattle
Winradio Excalibur with Wellbrook K9AY