[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, December 20-26, 2013

[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, December 20-26, 2013

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page15

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only; or Sony SRF-59 as specified; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E-W longwire as specified

** MEXICO. 550, Dec 22 at 1317 UT, PSAs from IFE, and Secretaría de Defensa Nacional about Universidad del Ejército y Fuerza Aérea, 1318 música romántica; loops WSW, and no doubt the usual SRS dominant station from there, XEPL, Ciudad Cuauhtémoc, Chihuahua (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 620, Dec 22 at 1321 UT, as soon as I tune in, canned ID for ``91.7 FM y 620 AM, La Norteñita es la efectiva``, i.e. XEBU Chihuahua city; effective, I assume they imply, insofar as advertising results (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 660, Dec 24 at 0712 UT, ``La Kaliente [sic], 102.9, la que komprende`` (if spelt with a c, means ``the one which understands``). That makes it XEEY Aguascalientes2 again, dominating channel with 50 kW transmitter perhaps on reduced night power; main QRM is IBOC noise from WSCR 670 Chicago peaking around 657 but somewhat nullable (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non]. 700, Dec 21 at 1325 UT, rustic banda music, fair and dominant first, fading by 1330 YL announcement, but I think I hear an expected XEETCH ID as WLW resurges with I-75 traffic report, ID.
700 XEETCH La Voz de los Tres Rios Navojoa, Son. 5,000 D, per Cantú.

The callsign alludes instead to Etchojoa as in WRTH, IRCA. Navojoa is a larger town about 25 km NE of Etchojoa, with Huatabampo on the other side. All are not far from the Gulf of California in SW Sonora, between Ciudad Obregón and Los Mochis, Sinaloa. So what are the three rivers? Google maps prefer to show roads (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 700, Dec 22 at 1322 UT, rustic fiddling, 1323 gobierno de la república PSA in Spanish, 1324 something about ``toquen – baile`` then vocal music; this time holds up a little longer at 1331 to hear definite call-letter ID as XEETCH, La Voz de los Tres Rios, and then in an indigenous language, i.e from Etchojoa, Sonora (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 710, Dec 22 at 1327 UT, as I tune in, full ID for XEDP with 5 kW, XHDP FM with 10 kW, La Ranchera de Cuauhtémoc, street address in that Chihuahua city, Grupo B-M Radio; dominating frequency (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 830, Dec 20 at 1336 UT, crime news from Ciudad Acuña on ``Grupo Radio Zócalo``, 1340 TC for 20:8, so no doubt it`s XEIK in nearby Piedras Negras as in Cantú:
830 XEIK La Norteñita Piedras Negras, Coah. 5,000 D
At first it was mixing badly with WCCO, later overcoming it. Piedras Negras/Enid/Mpls are close to collinear, making nulling WCCO not an option (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1030, Dec 20 at 0230 UT, ``grupoformula.com.mx`` plug, 800 numbers; talk show peaking from WSW. Fits for the only Fórmula station listed on 1030 by IRCA 2012 Log, and Cantú:
1030 XEYC Radio Fórmula Cd. Juárez, Chih. 5,000 500
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific MW carrier search: NONE heard Dec 21 around 1320 UT, stepping-up at 9-kHz intervals from 531 to 972 kHz. Haven`t heard any since Dec 6; mid-winter anomaly? Not sought every morning, but often and have not reported no results since then. I only make one check a bit before sunrise, rather than keeping at it if no results at first; too much else to monitor on MW and SW with real signals (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)