[IRCA] WKAL heard last night

Checked my overnight recordings, and it appears that the WKAL-1450 DX test did run, sort of. Nothing at all heard from them up until 0100 EST, but then there was a WKAL jingle and a voice announcement: "this is AM 1450 WKAL, Rome, New York. This is an engineering test broadcast. Stay tuned for the brand-new WKAL, starting very soon.". This was followed by an automated time and temperature announcement, and then instrumental music. No sign of any Morse code or other special test signals. The same thing appeared to be repeated at later TOHs (and the one BOH that I checked, 0130), at least until 0400 (I haven't checked later than that yet).

Who knows what we'll get tonight... perhaps some code and an earlier start time, perhaps not. Worth a listen, anyway...

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  Ottawa, ON