From: IRCA [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James Renfrew
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 9:16 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] AFRTS/AFN

The last AFN I heard on MW was in Germany on 873, but I believe it is gone
now.  I heard it many times in Newfoundland, and also once at home in
western NY.  There used to be some of them in Newfoundland, Puerto Rico,
Guantanamo, Iceland, Azores, and even temporarily in Bosnia (during the
recent conflict).  Those that still exist are probably on FM at various US
bases.

I'm not up to date on the shortwave scene but AFN has been on the air from
Hawaii, Key West, Diego Garcia, Guam in recent years.  One of my most
distant QSLs is from Diego Garcia.  It's hard to get further from here than
that.  The 2013 WRTH lists them as active.

Jim Renfrew, Holley NY