From: Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Nov 29, 2013 10:49 pm
Subject: [IRCA] TP 29 Nov, Victoria version

This time, I pirated Bruce's report a bit on playing back the
recording (live listening was during sunrise enhancement, but it
wasn't that good today.  Plus it was irritating to discover that the
latest electrical noise lasted from 1511UT to 1605UT, nicely
bracketing what enhancement there was.)  Yes, things were better here
today in the 1300 to 1400UT period, 1017 and 1044 were nice
surprises, but conditions had been pretty bad the last couple of days
at that time.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker,
at least briefly):

don't think anything really got to this level while I was listening

Reasonable audio  at  times during the period (much of it
understandable by a native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

594 JOAK man in JJ 1523UT
774 JOUB man in JJ 1513UT
890 KBBI ID by woman and 5AM time check, 1400UT, into Democracy Now
972 HLCA woman in KK, pips and blast of instrumental mx
1566 HLAZ likely w/woman singing 1515UT; also at this level, man in CC 1359UT

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or
noise could be understood by a native speaker:

747 JOIB EE lessons //774 1430UT
850 KICY "serving White Mountain....and all of Western Alsaka this is
KICY" by woman 1400UT
1017 CRI likely, woman in KK 1407UT
1503 JOUK man in JJ //567 1517UT

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be
guessed at by cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in
talk or music) :

558 HLQH male singing weak 1517UT //603 which wasn't much better in
the local noise
567 JOIK man w/JJ inflection 1518UT //594
891 JOHK man and woman in JJ //1503UT 1519UT
1044 woman talking 1422UT, too much splash for language ID.
1134 man talking, possibly KK inflection 1521UT, brief fade up
1170 likely KBS, w/pips at 1400UT in gap of KPUG talk; thanks
Bruce.   Given that I can put a solid null on KPUG from the W. Flag,
it's surprising I haven't heard this much before.
1242 JOLF likely, woman talking, JJ inflection, briefly, 1525UT
1314 ? pop female vocal 1529UT, no idea
1386 NHK2 snatches of mx, woman talking //774 1520UT
1395 unID, deep voiced man, briefly 1525UT
1593 unID, deep voiced man 1416UT

Strongish het, no or "near imaginary"audio (either undermodulated or
ravaged by splatter):

612 648 873 1008 1179 1251 1278 1287 1404 1422 1494

best wishes,

Nick

editors, publishing staff, or officers