[IRCA] TP 23 Nov, Victoria version

Well, it was fun while it lasted. This morning was pretty much back in the bucket, at least near sunrise, presumably due to an unpredicted burp in the solar wind and geomagnetic field, but a bit of activity still came through between 1400 and 1500UT. Mostly briefly though, and mostly carriers, and...That's what I would have said if I'd fired this off first thing this morning, and that would have been the end of it.

But I spent a bit of time with the recording later this evening.....ummm, there's 1116 in apparent CC at 1446UT, and, then, um 549....not great, but by gosh, it must be CNR5 in parallel with 1116, with 549 somewhat delayed....I still don't believe it, followed by I don't believe I haven't heard them before, with their high power, beamed at Taiwan...So I started to look for the parallel on 765, and indeed there were snatches of music //1116 at 1439UT. Amazing, especially considering the relative lack of any other DX at the time.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least briefly):

1566 HLAZ JJ talk by woman , then hymn, 1342UT

Reasonable audio at times during the period (much of it understandable by a native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

1566 HLAZ woman in CC 1432UT
1575 VoA likely w/man in SE Asian language 1523UT, about the only sunrise lift there was outside of 1593

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be understood by a native speaker:

549 CNR5 after ID'ing earlier with parallel with 1116, this hung in until nearly 1500UT, peaking w/man in CC at 1458UT; brutal splatter from 550. 738 Tahiti? slow instrumental mx 1412UT. At 1344UT signal was weaker, but man sounded like he was talking in FF

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music) :

765 CNR5 snatches of instrumental mx //1116 1439UT; extreme minimalist DXing at its finest 972 HLCA? woman and man talking, KK inflection 1440UT and 1508 to 1511UT, when it was mostly a man talking 1044 woman talking 1409-11UT, possibly JJ, but some talk sounded more CC, plus words were repeated, slowly; language lessons on CRI?? 1116 CNR5 man and woman talking, sounded CC, then female ballad 1446-1453UT //549 though leading by a second or so. 1593 CNR1 man in CC //6125 during a break in 1600 splatter, 1535UT, but also noted at 1341UT w/CC sounding man

Strongish het, no or "near imaginary"audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):

603 819 774  1134 1179  1206 1278 1287 1314 1359 1386 1467 1494 1503  1557 1584

best wishes,

Nick